A Little About Maddie

I am an 8-year-old that lives in Chicago. My favorite color is green. I LOVE the series "Chronicles of Narnia." I plan to change the world. And I call this "Hands of Hope" because it gives people overseas hope. I have brown hair and brown eyes. AND I LOVE KNITTING.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Hands of Hope Journey

My Aunt Denise commissioned me to make her a headband and it has also been on my mind to help the world be a better place.

Feed My Starving Children made me think of starting Hands of Hope because it's just so inspirational for me to help the world.

All of a sudden I thought that I actually could change the world by knitting. My plan is to raise money to help sponsor another child from World Vision because one Christmas my dad told me that I could sponsor a child and I sponsor a child named Florence. I want Jackson, my brother, to sponsor a child, too because I want him to have a giving heart, too.

So then I planned to raise $100 at the end of the year and my family said that if I can raise $100 then I can let Jackson sponsor a child. I'm going to raise $100 by knitting headbands, bookmarks, bracelets and some other things, too.

If you buy anything thank you for helping me make the world a different place.



4 comments:

  1. Oh Maddie! I am so proud of you! What a beautiful tender heart you have! You keep knitting for those precious children - you are going to change the world! What an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your vision with the rest of us! Can't wait to visit your shop!
    Auntie Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Auntie Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Maddie, I'm so proud of you and know the Lord will bless you because of your desire to help others. Love you, Gobbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have subscribed to your blog, Maddie, and look forward to hearing about your journey. I love to knit, too! Sometimes I make caps to donate to the hospital for cancer patients or premature babies. I love your idea and hope you make your goal.
    Love,
    Your Aunt Barb that you've never met..... (But I feel like I know you!)

    ReplyDelete